Honing though, is an important step in insuring a proper break-in for new rings which leads to better cylinder sealing... which leads to greater power potential. Yes, please! I could take it to a machine shop and have them do it for me... but where's the fun, the excitment, the risk of tragic failure!? So I'll learn as I go like with most things. Time then to buy tools!
This brand seems to have a good reputation. I've seen the name around for a while. I've never seen one in person or in use (other than in videos online) until this one arrived at my doorstep. And although the manufacturer states that 10w-30 works as a lubricant, I went ahead and bought the "special" honing oil they sell. It was only a few bucks. Not too long before I give this thing a go. I'm searching for a test block to get the occilation speed just right for a 60° cross-hatch angle (spec from honda). One more tool is still en route (dial bore gage) then I may give this a go. I'll even try to post a video i I think to record it.

No comments:
Post a Comment