Been spending a lot of time lately working with my brother to get his auto-to-manual, DPFI-to-MPFI, OBD0-to-OBD1, non-VTEC-to-VTEC conversion. D16Z6 into 1990 Civic wagon. We did a rebuild on a Z6 we picked up from a friend. grabed a transmission from the junk yard, found mounts and shifter and pedals and wirings harness. We chipped a P06 ECU and converted to run VTEC. I built a conversion harness for the ECU. all that's left now is getting the pedals to work, replacing the shoddy exhaust and adapting the engine harness to the chassis connectors. That will be a fun car when it's done!
The "Big F" has gotten a little attention too. The bottom end is fully assembled, the cam has been dialed in, piston to valve clearance has been checked, valve lash adjusted, timing belt installed, valve cover has a fresh paint job... and just the other day I took measurements of the mount points for A/C compressor and alternator brackets. Since these are so close together and will ride on the same belt with the alternator acting as the tension adjustment, I'm starting off with the intention of building a single bracket that will carry both. The arrangement will be similar to what is used from the factory on the F23 (as well as all other F-series and H-series engines) but the original brackets won't do. Because I have limited space, a smaller crank pulley offset, and will be using the Civic accesories instead of Accord accesories, custom brackets make the best sense.
I'll have to sit down and sort through pictures so that you can see all that's been going on. And, of course organize them into a logical order with discriptions and explainations and facts and figures... fun!
check back soon. thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment