5/19/2014

Overview Update

The day is near!

Details are falling into place, opportunities are presenting themselves. 

Near the end of June I will have access to a spare vehicle as a safeguard if all does not go to plan. I also want to avoid being rushed, though I know I'll be working hard to restrain my eagerness to start the thing and drive!

Work continues on all of the related sub-projects and modifications to have them ready in time. The reworked "rat's nest" wiring harness from a '99 Civic LX is near enough completion to leave the rest of the work for final install. I may need to add this or that, move this connector here, shorten a trunk there... no need to make any of that harder than need be.

The new 2.5in exhaust is "broken in" and hasn't grown annoying or regrettable. When I played back the first few video recordings of the exhaust sound... there was really nothing to hear. The audio wasn't captured very well. I've got another camera to try and maybe even an external mic.

The new suspension finally got straightened out on the alignment rack. The results are a much less busy, more relaxed drive and most importantly a reduction in rate of tire wear. I ended up throwing some Godspeed camber adjusters at it, both front and rear. I know there is a big stink on the web over the need for camber adjustment after lowering. But when the dust settles I want to see all greens on that printout. Anyway, a review of these adjusters is in the works. I took a bit of a gamble with these as other in-depth reviews couldn't be found before buying time. Lots of pics too so look forward to it.

I finally made up my mind on the build method for the A/C and alternator brackets. I'll go into details in a follow up post. 

Enough typing, back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment