I've got a lot to write about. However I'm not terribly efficient at writing or creating posts. For the faithful few though I would like to offer this update and encouragement.
The "Big F" is together and the final pieces are falling into place. My most recent activity to convert the clutch hydraulics to the kit-supplied pull-type slave cylinder has been a great success. I'm still drafting the fully detailed part 2 post to close out that part of the project.
I've returned to the wiring harness that started as a original factory engine harness from a 6th gen civic that I found in the local Pull-a-part. After breaking it down to individual conductors I "reformatted" it to fit the F23. The goal being a custom harness that plugs in like factory and works reliably. To double-check my work I put together a guide for myself in spreadsheet form and, one-by-one began the tedious task of checking continuity of the wires from the ECU connectors to each respective terminal.
After wiring is confirmed the only remaining preparatory task is to fabricate the bracket for the alternator/compressor belt tensioner. When the engine goes in the bay next the final tasks will be to weld in the "down tubes" on the exhaust manifold, weld in the driver's side motor mount bracket (frame side) and coming up with a solution for the radiator hoses. Most likely I'll use a universal flex hose for the upper and a del Sol Si lower.
My next opportunity to have the engine in the car comes the week of Christmas 2014. Avoiding any surprises or disasters I should have the chance to start it up. If so there will be video of the event. If not, still plenty of pictures to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment